Favored Operation Red Dawn collared pacesetter Lemon Cream Pie in deep stretch on his way to his first stakes win in the $106,500 Knickerbocker (gr. IIIT) on Belmont Park's inner turf course Oct. 22.
Brave Tin Soldier marched from last place to win the Oct. 3 Cliff Hanger Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Meadowlands. Under Carlos Marquez Jr., the 5-year-old son of Storm Cat topped Pleasant Strike by a nose on the wire, covering the 1 1/16 miles of "yielding" turf in 1:45.52.
One of the big hopes for the Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) is American challenger Informed, who made a dramatic entrance on to the Nad Al Sheba track the morning of March 24, performing a series of almost Lipizzaner-like leaps before spurting into his 1 1/2-mile gallop.
Teofilo extended his winning streak to four following an impressive victory over Holy Roman Emperor in the Laing O'Rourke National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount