Favored Operation Red Dawn collared pacesetter Lemon Cream Pie in deep stretch on his way to his first stakes win in the $106,500 Knickerbocker (gr. IIIT) on Belmont Park's inner turf course Oct. 22.
Brave Tin Soldier marched from last place to win the Oct. 3 Cliff Hanger Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Meadowlands. Under Carlos Marquez Jr., the 5-year-old son of Storm Cat topped Pleasant Strike by a nose on the wire, covering the 1 1/16 miles of "yielding" turf in 1:45.52.
One of the big hopes for the Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) is American challenger Informed, who made a dramatic entrance on to the Nad Al Sheba track the morning of March 24, performing a series of almost Lipizzaner-like leaps before spurting into his 1 1/2-mile gallop.
Teofilo extended his winning streak to four following an impressive victory over Holy Roman Emperor in the Laing O'Rourke National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016