Favored Operation Red Dawn collared pacesetter Lemon Cream Pie in deep stretch on his way to his first stakes win in the $106,500 Knickerbocker (gr. IIIT) on Belmont Park's inner turf course Oct. 22.
Brave Tin Soldier marched from last place to win the Oct. 3 Cliff Hanger Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Meadowlands. Under Carlos Marquez Jr., the 5-year-old son of Storm Cat topped Pleasant Strike by a nose on the wire, covering the 1 1/16 miles of "yielding" turf in 1:45.52.
One of the big hopes for the Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) is American challenger Informed, who made a dramatic entrance on to the Nad Al Sheba track the morning of March 24, performing a series of almost Lipizzaner-like leaps before spurting into his 1 1/2-mile gallop.
Teofilo extended his winning streak to four following an impressive victory over Holy Roman Emperor in the Laing O'Rourke National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Korean-Bred Not Just a Novelty at F-T Sale
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule