Markus and Ingrid Jooste's Rabada took advantage of a slow pace to pick up his second group I victory in the Daily News 2000 May 28 at Greyville Racecourse in South Africa.
Favored Operation Red Dawn collared pacesetter Lemon Cream Pie in deep stretch on his way to his first stakes win in the $106,500 Knickerbocker (gr. IIIT) on Belmont Park's inner turf course Oct. 22.
Brave Tin Soldier marched from last place to win the Oct. 3 Cliff Hanger Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Meadowlands. Under Carlos Marquez Jr., the 5-year-old son of Storm Cat topped Pleasant Strike by a nose on the wire, covering the 1 1/16 miles of "yielding" turf in 1:45.52.
One of the big hopes for the Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) is American challenger Informed, who made a dramatic entrance on to the Nad Al Sheba track the morning of March 24, performing a series of almost Lipizzaner-like leaps before spurting into his 1 1/2-mile gallop.
Teofilo extended his winning streak to four following an impressive victory over Holy Roman Emperor in the Laing O'Rourke National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Remains on Schedule for Distaff
- Tepin, Classic Empire Work at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Three Rules Puts in Final Juvenile Work
- Chrome BC Sweepstakes Winner Named
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Smile for Daddy
- Den's Legacy to Stand at Mighty Acres
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185