After Market, who was scratched from the Arlington Million (gr. IT) earlier this month by trainer John Shirreffs due to the soft condition of the Arlington Park turf course, should find the going much more to his liking when he takes on seven rivals in the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 26.
Buzzards Bay, winner of the 2005 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and the 2006 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II), returns from an 11-month layoff in Saturday's $150,000 Mervyn LeRoy Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Neil Drysdale holds a heavy hand in Santa Anita's $150,000 San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) on Sunday when he saddles co-high weights Obrigado and One Off in the 1 1/2-mile early season turf distance test.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win