After Market, who was scratched from the Arlington Million (gr. IT) earlier this month by trainer John Shirreffs due to the soft condition of the Arlington Park turf course, should find the going much more to his liking when he takes on seven rivals in the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 26.
Buzzards Bay, winner of the 2005 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and the 2006 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II), returns from an 11-month layoff in Saturday's $150,000 Mervyn LeRoy Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Neil Drysdale holds a heavy hand in Santa Anita's $150,000 San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) on Sunday when he saddles co-high weights Obrigado and One Off in the 1 1/2-mile early season turf distance test.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate