After Market, who was scratched from the Arlington Million (gr. IT) earlier this month by trainer John Shirreffs due to the soft condition of the Arlington Park turf course, should find the going much more to his liking when he takes on seven rivals in the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 26.
Buzzards Bay, winner of the 2005 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and the 2006 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II), returns from an 11-month layoff in Saturday's $150,000 Mervyn LeRoy Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Neil Drysdale holds a heavy hand in Santa Anita's $150,000 San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) on Sunday when he saddles co-high weights Obrigado and One Off in the 1 1/2-mile early season turf distance test.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes