After Market, who was scratched from the Arlington Million (gr. IT) earlier this month by trainer John Shirreffs due to the soft condition of the Arlington Park turf course, should find the going much more to his liking when he takes on seven rivals in the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 26.
Buzzards Bay, winner of the 2005 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and the 2006 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II), returns from an 11-month layoff in Saturday's $150,000 Mervyn LeRoy Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Neil Drysdale holds a heavy hand in Santa Anita's $150,000 San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) on Sunday when he saddles co-high weights Obrigado and One Off in the 1 1/2-mile early season turf distance test.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta