Itsmyluckyday was one of three top 3-year-olds trained by Eddie Plesa to work at Calder Casino & Race Course March 9, breezing an easy mile as he prepares for the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I) March 30 at Gulfstream Park.
Bruce Chandler, Robert McKee and partners' Merit Man will be the horse to beat in the $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes for newly-turned 3-year-olds on the Gulfstream Park New Year's Day card.
My Pal Chrisy and Bad Debt were repeat winners in the Florida Million at Calder Casino & Race Course Nov. 10, while Cash Rules led all the way to capture the $150,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap.
Favored Brave Dave overcame a bad stumble at the start to register a front-running victory in the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 2 at Monmouth Park.
Ten juveniles will go postward Sept. 2 in the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park, where trainer Todd Pletcher has entered a trio of developing contenders.
Favored Bern Identity stalked a hot pace before sweeping to victory over front-running Handsome Jack in the $200,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course July 22.
Among Todd Pletcher's top 2-year-olds this year are Rose Junction and Onetwentyeight, who headline the $200,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) going six furlongs July 22 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm