Irish-bred Fearless Flyer and jockey Emily Ramsammy pulled off a mild upset, gliding to victory in the $177,300 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-old fillies Sunday at Woodbine.
The Duke of Roxburghe's homebred Attraction remained unbeaten as the 2-year-old filly defeated 13 of her peers in Wednesday's Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-III) at Ascot. Attraction led for the entirety of the five-furlong race, and finished three lengths ahead of Sheikh Mohammed's Catstar (Storm Cat--Advancing Star).
Brave Act, who earned $1,498,784 of his career total of $1,546,269 for Sidney Craig, has been sold and will stand the 2001 breeding season at A. F. O'Callaghan's Tally-Ho Stud in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles