Irish-bred Fearless Flyer and jockey Emily Ramsammy pulled off a mild upset, gliding to victory in the $177,300 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-old fillies Sunday at Woodbine.
The Duke of Roxburghe's homebred Attraction remained unbeaten as the 2-year-old filly defeated 13 of her peers in Wednesday's Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-III) at Ascot. Attraction led for the entirety of the five-furlong race, and finished three lengths ahead of Sheikh Mohammed's Catstar (Storm Cat--Advancing Star).
Brave Act, who earned $1,498,784 of his career total of $1,546,269 for Sidney Craig, has been sold and will stand the 2001 breeding season at A. F. O'Callaghan's Tally-Ho Stud in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Houston Racetrack Owner Dies in Accident
- Bayern's 2016 Fee Announced at $15,000
- Claiborne Adds Lea, Announces 2016 Fees
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- McGaughey Pleased With Honor Code's Breeze
- Killin Me Smalls Takes BC Premier's Handicap
- Artemis Agrotera May Return in Breeders' Cup
- Touching Promise Dances to Ballerina Victory
- Keeneland Racing Surface Procedures Reviewed
- Partisan Politics Prevails in the Pebbles