Irish-bred Fearless Flyer and jockey Emily Ramsammy pulled off a mild upset, gliding to victory in the $177,300 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-old fillies Sunday at Woodbine.
The Duke of Roxburghe's homebred Attraction remained unbeaten as the 2-year-old filly defeated 13 of her peers in Wednesday's Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-III) at Ascot. Attraction led for the entirety of the five-furlong race, and finished three lengths ahead of Sheikh Mohammed's Catstar (Storm Cat--Advancing Star).
Brave Act, who earned $1,498,784 of his career total of $1,546,269 for Sidney Craig, has been sold and will stand the 2001 breeding season at A. F. O'Callaghan's Tally-Ho Stud in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup