Irish-bred Fearless Flyer and jockey Emily Ramsammy pulled off a mild upset, gliding to victory in the $177,300 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-old fillies Sunday at Woodbine.
The Duke of Roxburghe's homebred Attraction remained unbeaten as the 2-year-old filly defeated 13 of her peers in Wednesday's Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-III) at Ascot. Attraction led for the entirety of the five-furlong race, and finished three lengths ahead of Sheikh Mohammed's Catstar (Storm Cat--Advancing Star).
Brave Act, who earned $1,498,784 of his career total of $1,546,269 for Sidney Craig, has been sold and will stand the 2001 breeding season at A. F. O'Callaghan's Tally-Ho Stud in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand