Irish-bred Fearless Flyer and jockey Emily Ramsammy pulled off a mild upset, gliding to victory in the $177,300 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-old fillies Sunday at Woodbine.
The Duke of Roxburghe's homebred Attraction remained unbeaten as the 2-year-old filly defeated 13 of her peers in Wednesday's Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-III) at Ascot. Attraction led for the entirety of the five-furlong race, and finished three lengths ahead of Sheikh Mohammed's Catstar (Storm Cat--Advancing Star).
Brave Act, who earned $1,498,784 of his career total of $1,546,269 for Sidney Craig, has been sold and will stand the 2001 breeding season at A. F. O'Callaghan's Tally-Ho Stud in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Arqana Opens With Record Sales, Median Rise
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack