The first foal sired by Tropical Storm arrived Feb. 2 and was bred by Jane M. Braugh.
Sierra Sweetie, under Victor Espinoza pressed the pace to the quarter pole and went on to an impressive three-length win in Wednesday's $125,000 added California Breeders' Champion Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Tropical Storm, a 5-year-old son of Storm Cat out of grade I winner Pearl City, will stand at Rick Trontz's Hopewell Farm near Midway, Ky.
Tropical Storm, a son of Storm Cat out of the grade I-winning Pearl City, has been purchased by the NewLife Stud of Roger Braugh and his daughter, Jane Braugh. They plan to stand the 5-year-old at a Central Kentucky farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos