The first foal sired by Tropical Storm arrived Feb. 2 and was bred by Jane M. Braugh.
Sierra Sweetie, under Victor Espinoza pressed the pace to the quarter pole and went on to an impressive three-length win in Wednesday's $125,000 added California Breeders' Champion Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Tropical Storm, a 5-year-old son of Storm Cat out of grade I winner Pearl City, will stand at Rick Trontz's Hopewell Farm near Midway, Ky.
Tropical Storm, a son of Storm Cat out of the grade I-winning Pearl City, has been purchased by the NewLife Stud of Roger Braugh and his daughter, Jane Braugh. They plan to stand the 5-year-old at a Central Kentucky farm.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC