The first foal sired by Tropical Storm arrived Feb. 2 and was bred by Jane M. Braugh.
Sierra Sweetie, under Victor Espinoza pressed the pace to the quarter pole and went on to an impressive three-length win in Wednesday's $125,000 added California Breeders' Champion Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Tropical Storm, a 5-year-old son of Storm Cat out of grade I winner Pearl City, will stand at Rick Trontz's Hopewell Farm near Midway, Ky.
Tropical Storm, a son of Storm Cat out of the grade I-winning Pearl City, has been purchased by the NewLife Stud of Roger Braugh and his daughter, Jane Braugh. They plan to stand the 5-year-old at a Central Kentucky farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting