The first foal sired by Tropical Storm arrived Feb. 2 and was bred by Jane M. Braugh.
Sierra Sweetie, under Victor Espinoza pressed the pace to the quarter pole and went on to an impressive three-length win in Wednesday's $125,000 added California Breeders' Champion Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Tropical Storm, a 5-year-old son of Storm Cat out of grade I winner Pearl City, will stand at Rick Trontz's Hopewell Farm near Midway, Ky.
Tropical Storm, a son of Storm Cat out of the grade I-winning Pearl City, has been purchased by the NewLife Stud of Roger Braugh and his daughter, Jane Braugh. They plan to stand the 5-year-old at a Central Kentucky farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother