The first foal sired by Tropical Storm arrived Feb. 2 and was bred by Jane M. Braugh.
Sierra Sweetie, under Victor Espinoza pressed the pace to the quarter pole and went on to an impressive three-length win in Wednesday's $125,000 added California Breeders' Champion Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Tropical Storm, a 5-year-old son of Storm Cat out of grade I winner Pearl City, will stand at Rick Trontz's Hopewell Farm near Midway, Ky.
Tropical Storm, a son of Storm Cat out of the grade I-winning Pearl City, has been purchased by the NewLife Stud of Roger Braugh and his daughter, Jane Braugh. They plan to stand the 5-year-old at a Central Kentucky farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding