Retired jockey Jesse Davidson died Jan. 16 in his Ellicott City, Md., home.
Apprentice rider Grant Whitacre scored his first career victory when he piloted Festy Eskimo to a convincing victory at odds of 13-1 in the sixth race at Laurel Park Thursday.
Baltimore native Eric Camacho rode his first winner Sunday in the first race at Pimlico.
Apprentice rider Brandon Whitacre enjoyed the best afternoon of his young career, piloting five winners from as many mounts on Friday's nine-race card at Laurel Park.
Apprentice rider Brandon Whitacre produced the first multiple win day of his career, winning three races on Friday at Laurel Park.
Apprentice rider Brandon Whitacre scored his first career victory with his second career mount when he piloted Pyrite Gun ($7.80) to a ground saving victory in the fourth race at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan