Retired jockey Jesse Davidson died Jan. 16 in his Ellicott City, Md., home.
Apprentice rider Grant Whitacre scored his first career victory when he piloted Festy Eskimo to a convincing victory at odds of 13-1 in the sixth race at Laurel Park Thursday.
Baltimore native Eric Camacho rode his first winner Sunday in the first race at Pimlico.
Apprentice rider Brandon Whitacre enjoyed the best afternoon of his young career, piloting five winners from as many mounts on Friday's nine-race card at Laurel Park.
Apprentice rider Brandon Whitacre produced the first multiple win day of his career, winning three races on Friday at Laurel Park.
Apprentice rider Brandon Whitacre scored his first career victory with his second career mount when he piloted Pyrite Gun ($7.80) to a ground saving victory in the fourth race at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start