Retired jockey Jesse Davidson died Jan. 16 in his Ellicott City, Md., home.
Apprentice rider Grant Whitacre scored his first career victory when he piloted Festy Eskimo to a convincing victory at odds of 13-1 in the sixth race at Laurel Park Thursday.
Baltimore native Eric Camacho rode his first winner Sunday in the first race at Pimlico.
Apprentice rider Brandon Whitacre enjoyed the best afternoon of his young career, piloting five winners from as many mounts on Friday's nine-race card at Laurel Park.
Apprentice rider Brandon Whitacre produced the first multiple win day of his career, winning three races on Friday at Laurel Park.
Apprentice rider Brandon Whitacre scored his first career victory with his second career mount when he piloted Pyrite Gun ($7.80) to a ground saving victory in the fourth race at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Fair Grounds Horses Nearing Release From Quarantine
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business