Because of an issue with his right hind leg, Khozan has been taken off the road to the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), according to Al Shaqab Racing's U.S. racing manager Bradley Weisbord.
A Youtube video showing Anna Seitz, managing partner of Hit the Board Stables, cheering home the outfit's Thoroughbred I'm Already Sexy to a victory in the Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) sums up the joys of racehorse ownership.
Fueled by three seven-figure horses, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected sale of 2-year-olds in training March 11 shattered records.
Within minutes of each other, colts by Giant's Causeway and Tapit each sold for $1.6 million, the day's highest price at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. selected sale of 2-year-olds in training March 11.
Team Valor International and Richard Santulli have purchased Uruguayan champion miler Brujo de Olleros and will import the 4-year-old son of Wild Event from Uruguay Feb. 20.
Bradley Weisbord has been hired by Barry Irwin as chief operating officer of Team Valor International. Weisbord spent the last two years as business/racing manager for leading owner Ahmed Zayat.
A $550,000 Smart Strike colt fetched $550,000 during the Sept. 16 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. Bought by Bradley Weisbord, for Ahmed Zayat's Zayat Stables, he was consigned by Gainesway, agent.
Former TDN and Executive Bloodstock Management analyst will oversee all financial and stallion operations for Zayat Stables effective immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs
- Riker Aims for Third Straight Win in Swynford
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Ageless, Living The Life Return for Masters