Graded stakes winner Miss Terrible tops a field of seven fillies and mares drawn for Saturday's $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park. The Argentine-bred mare will carry high weight of 118 under jockey Eusebio Razo Jr. The pair will break from post four.
Multiple stakes winner Miss Terrible, who returned to action after a long layoff with back-to-back graded stakes wins, will ship west for the $350,000-added Gamely Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park on Monday.
Alex Solis slowed down the pace and had plenty left down the lane as he guided Miss Terrible to a front-running upset win Saturday in the $112,200 Comp USA Turf Mile (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
During a visit to the Westfield Mall in Arcadia recently, Alex Solis had no intention of shopping for a mount. But that's exactly what the 40-year-old jockey did.
Argentine-bred Miss Terrible returned from nearly a 19-month layoff to capture the $109,600 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III), giving horse-shoer-turned-trainer Bradley Ross his first victory Sunday at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown