Carve made his sixth start of the year Aug. 2 and came away with his fourth victory of 2014 in the $200,000 West Virginia Governor's Stakes at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort.
Michael Langford's Carve, third in the grade II Oaklawn Handicap in April, worked out a nice trip to win the $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Handicap (gr. II) at Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino the evening of June 28.
Southwest Stakes (gr. III) winner Tapiture got back to serious work the morning of March 2 at Oaklawn Park as he prepares to make his next stop along the Triple Crown trail in the $600,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II).
Runner-up in her previous four starts -- the last three in graded stakes company -- Gary and Mary West's Keep the Peace looks to finally break through when facing seven fillies and mares in the $150,000 Endine Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 12 at Delaware Park. The 4-year-old Touch Gold filly was installed as the 2-1 morning-line favorite.
Delaware Park is preparing for an influx of more horses as about a half-dozen new trainers transfer their strings to the Stanton-oval.
Most Popular Stories
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Oklahoma-Bred Supplements Up 10% at Remington
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Jockeys to Support Childhood Cancer Awareness
- Kentucky Downs Adds 16 Stable Cameras
- Second Purse Hike at Ohio's ThistleDown
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- TOBA August Member of the Month
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses