The Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale concluded Feb. 9 with across-the-board declines as buyers continued to be selective and competitive on the upper echelon horses and little demand for lesser quality offerings.
Two-day February sale is last opportunity to buy broodmare and broodmare prospects before the beginning of the breeding season and a solid marketplace for just-turned yearlings.
One day after a Preakness Stakes (gr. I) victory by Oxbow, the barn area at the Maryland State Fairgrounds at Timonium was flush with activity on the eve of Fasig-Tipton's Midlantic 2-Year-Olds in Training Sale May 20-21.
- By Ron Mitchell
The lure for most owners is still a good colt, according to statistics, but two fillies topped the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale last year.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday