The Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale concluded Feb. 9 with across-the-board declines as buyers continued to be selective and competitive on the upper echelon horses and little demand for lesser quality offerings.
Two-day February sale is last opportunity to buy broodmare and broodmare prospects before the beginning of the breeding season and a solid marketplace for just-turned yearlings.
One day after a Preakness Stakes (gr. I) victory by Oxbow, the barn area at the Maryland State Fairgrounds at Timonium was flush with activity on the eve of Fasig-Tipton's Midlantic 2-Year-Olds in Training Sale May 20-21.
- By Ron Mitchell
The lure for most owners is still a good colt, according to statistics, but two fillies topped the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf
- Exaggerator Gallops at Pimlico Race Course
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever