Comma to the Top and Mensa Heat, one-two finishers last out in the Pirate's Bounty Stakes, get a Sept. 28 rematch in the Eddie D. Stakes (formerly Morvich, gr. IIIT) on opening day at Santa Anita for the 2012 autumn meet.
Marathoner Birdrun is entered for a repeat chance in the Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II). Redeemed is the 5-2 morning-line choice for the June 5 feature, run at the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) distance: one lap around 'Big Sandy.'
One race before trainer Graham Motion saddles Went the Day Well in the May 19 Preakness (gr. II) at Pimlico Race Course, he will send out Augustin Stables' Smart Bid, the 7-2 overnight favorite in the Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT).
Churchill Downs has announced the addition of four late nominees for the Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. IT), which will be run immediately prior to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) on Saturday, May 5.
Several horses posted important works at Santa Anita Park the weekend of Feb. 18-19, while Caleb's Posse worked at Oaklawn Park.
Comma to the Top, dominant in his past three starts on synthetic tracks, makes his turf debut as part of a field of nine juveniles in the $100,000 Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 27.
With four consecutive stakes victories, J P's Gusto has dominated the Southern California juvenile stage. In Oak Tree's $250,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. I) at Hollywood Park Oct. 2, he'll try two turns for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Distorted Humor Filly Brings $575,000 at OBS
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017