Al Khali finally got loose in mid-stretch and ran down odds-on favorite Winchester in the final yards to win the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) Sept. 11 at Belmont Park.
Go Deputy looks poised to win the first grade II prize of his career in Saturday's $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap.
Argentine-bred Cacht Wells, sent off at odds of 26-1, took the lead down the stretch and held on through the drive to the wire to upset the even-money favorite Relaxed Gesture by a head in Saturday's $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Belmont Park turf.
While trainer Kiaran McLaughlin has scored with nearly 50% of his runners at the current Belmont Park meeting, he has yet to saddled a stakes winner. That could change Saturday with State Shinto in the Bowling Green.
Eltawaasul and Whitmore's Conn, who finished one-two in a Belmont allowance race on June 21, battle each other again Saturday in the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT).
Shadwell Stable's homebred Elhayq tracked the early leaders and sprinted away at the top of the stretch to win the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap by 2 3/4 lengths Saturday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap