Al Khali finally got loose in mid-stretch and ran down odds-on favorite Winchester in the final yards to win the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) Sept. 11 at Belmont Park.
Go Deputy looks poised to win the first grade II prize of his career in Saturday's $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap.
Argentine-bred Cacht Wells, sent off at odds of 26-1, took the lead down the stretch and held on through the drive to the wire to upset the even-money favorite Relaxed Gesture by a head in Saturday's $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Belmont Park turf.
While trainer Kiaran McLaughlin has scored with nearly 50% of his runners at the current Belmont Park meeting, he has yet to saddled a stakes winner. That could change Saturday with State Shinto in the Bowling Green.
Eltawaasul and Whitmore's Conn, who finished one-two in a Belmont allowance race on June 21, battle each other again Saturday in the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT).
Shadwell Stable's homebred Elhayq tracked the early leaders and sprinted away at the top of the stretch to win the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap by 2 3/4 lengths Saturday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004