Mario Pino became the 15th jockey in North America to earn 6,000 wins Nov. 7 when he piloted Pass Play to victory in the seventh race at Laurel Park.
When the Maryland Racing Commission meets in late January, its executive director, Ken Schertle, won't be sitting at the head table -- for the first time in 16 years.
Chris McCarron rode his first winner at old Bowie Race Course in 1974, and on Saturday, he'll have a chance to ride the 7,000th winner of his career in Maryland during the "Spring Challenge" at Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- R Free Roll Aims to Tumble Sugar Swirl Rivals
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- CA Stakes Winner Gig Harbor to Victory Rose
- Engaging On-Track Fans With Social Games
- Genetics Behind Horses' Face and Leg Markings Studied
- Paulick Presented With Bergstein Award
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds