The Pure Romance Bourbonette Stakes (gr. III) March 21 at Turfway Park is a 100-proof handicapping challenge with a full field of 3-year-old fillies going a mile on Polytrack.
Turfway Park will increase purses for the seven stakes races on its schedule from January through March, director of racing Tyler Picklesimer announced Dec. 13.
Summer Soiree, who romped by 10 3/4 lengths in the March 26 Bourbonette Oaks (gr. III) at Turfway Park, has been bought by Team Valor International and will be pointed to the May 6 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
West Point Thoroughbreds' Fitz Just Right tops a field of 10 3-year-old fillies hoping to grab their first graded earnings and make a late splash on the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) trail in the $150,000 Bourbonette Stakes (gr. III) March 21 at Turfway Park.
Maren's Meadow, the victim of a sponging incident at Delaware Park last fall, proved she's over the misfortunate episode and back in top form when she won the $150,000 Bourbonette Oaks Stakes (gr. III) for trainer Larry Jones at Turfway Park March 22.
Trainer Mark Casse will enter the $150,000 Bourbonette Oaks (gr. III) at Turfway Park as the defending champion, having won the 2006 and 2007 editions with Top Notch Lady and Sealy Hill, respectively, and owning a total five victories in the race. This year he saddles the lightly-raced Clearly Foxy, whose last start was a solid sixth-place effort in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Canadian invader Top Notch Lady brought the snow with her Saturday at Turfway Park and came away with an upset victory in the $150,000 Bourbonette Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies.
Turfway Park's $150,000 Bourbonette Stakes on Saturday has a pair of class contenders among its six entrants: Class Above and Fond. The mile race for 3-year-old fillies will be run on the Lane's End Stakes undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon