Arlington International offers two of the last stakes run on Polytrack in the United States this year, as 2-year-olds take the stage in the Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) and Arlington-Washington Lassie Sept. 6.
Hold for More was a convincing winner of the Northern Lights Futurity Stakes, one of two $75,000 races for juveniles on the Minnesota Festival of Champions program for state-breds Aug. 31 at Canterbury Park.
The Bourbon County Secretariat Festival Committee announced Sept. 13 the complete schedule of events for the Secretariat Festival. The festival will be held Sept. 2324 in Paris, Ky.
A festival to honor Hall of Fame member Secretariat will be held Sept. 25-26 in Bourbon County, Kentucky.
Twilight Meteor collared favored Marcavelly with an eighth of a mile remaining and gradually pulled away to a 2 ¼-length victory in the $125,000 Woodford Reserve Bourbon County Stakes Friday at Keeneland.
An absolute auction of horses owned by Central Kentucky horseman Cecil Seaman was held June 3 at Billy and Allison Murphy's Ballinswood Farm near Paris, Ky.
Rey de Cafe collared favored Dubleo in midstretch and gradually inched away to win the $112,200 Bourbon County Stakes for 2-year-olds Friday at Keeneland.
Friday's Bourbon County Stakes at Keeneland is oversubscribed, with 12 horses vying to contest the 8 1/2-furlong race slated to take place on the track's Haggin Turf Course. Only 10 horses will be permitted to race.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely