Timeless Sue, a 33-year-old daughter of Timeless Moment, died July 11 at Our Mims Retirement Haven near Paris, Ky.
Not Bourbon gave trainer Roger Attfield his record-tying eighth victory in Canada's prestigious Queen's Plate when he held off the fast closing filly Ginger Brew by a head in the $986,737 event on Woodbine's Polytrack surface.
Millionaire Bourbon Belle has been retired from racing following surgery at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee Associates near Lexington.
Overbrook Farm's homebred Katz Me If You Can earned her first stakes win in Sunday's $108,700 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Kinsman Stable's Dream Supreme stalked the early pace and split horses in the stretch to win the $250,000 Ballerina Handicap (gr. I) Sunday at Saratoga.
Roundup of racing and breeding news briefs.
Bourbon Belle repeated her wire-to-wire win in the 1999 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. III) with a front-running 7 1/2 length victory in the second division of this year's split renewal of the race Wednesday at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey