Timeless Sue, a 33-year-old daughter of Timeless Moment, died July 11 at Our Mims Retirement Haven near Paris, Ky.
Not Bourbon gave trainer Roger Attfield his record-tying eighth victory in Canada's prestigious Queen's Plate when he held off the fast closing filly Ginger Brew by a head in the $986,737 event on Woodbine's Polytrack surface.
Millionaire Bourbon Belle has been retired from racing following surgery at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee Associates near Lexington.
Overbrook Farm's homebred Katz Me If You Can earned her first stakes win in Sunday's $108,700 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Kinsman Stable's Dream Supreme stalked the early pace and split horses in the stretch to win the $250,000 Ballerina Handicap (gr. I) Sunday at Saratoga.
Roundup of racing and breeding news briefs.
Bourbon Belle repeated her wire-to-wire win in the 1999 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. III) with a front-running 7 1/2 length victory in the second division of this year's split renewal of the race Wednesday at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate