Timeless Sue, a 33-year-old daughter of Timeless Moment, died July 11 at Our Mims Retirement Haven near Paris, Ky.
Not Bourbon gave trainer Roger Attfield his record-tying eighth victory in Canada's prestigious Queen's Plate when he held off the fast closing filly Ginger Brew by a head in the $986,737 event on Woodbine's Polytrack surface.
Millionaire Bourbon Belle has been retired from racing following surgery at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee Associates near Lexington.
Overbrook Farm's homebred Katz Me If You Can earned her first stakes win in Sunday's $108,700 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Kinsman Stable's Dream Supreme stalked the early pace and split horses in the stretch to win the $250,000 Ballerina Handicap (gr. I) Sunday at Saratoga.
Roundup of racing and breeding news briefs.
Bourbon Belle repeated her wire-to-wire win in the 1999 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. III) with a front-running 7 1/2 length victory in the second division of this year's split renewal of the race Wednesday at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- War Front's Mosler to Country Life Farm