Timeless Sue, a 33-year-old daughter of Timeless Moment, died July 11 at Our Mims Retirement Haven near Paris, Ky.
Not Bourbon gave trainer Roger Attfield his record-tying eighth victory in Canada's prestigious Queen's Plate when he held off the fast closing filly Ginger Brew by a head in the $986,737 event on Woodbine's Polytrack surface.
Millionaire Bourbon Belle has been retired from racing following surgery at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee Associates near Lexington.
Overbrook Farm's homebred Katz Me If You Can earned her first stakes win in Sunday's $108,700 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Kinsman Stable's Dream Supreme stalked the early pace and split horses in the stretch to win the $250,000 Ballerina Handicap (gr. I) Sunday at Saratoga.
Roundup of racing and breeding news briefs.
Bourbon Belle repeated her wire-to-wire win in the 1999 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. III) with a front-running 7 1/2 length victory in the second division of this year's split renewal of the race Wednesday at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets