Headed by Japan's Dance in the Mood an international cast of fourteen 3-year-old fillies will contest Hollywood Park's third running of the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) at 1 1/4 miles on turf Saturday.
Sagitta Ra and Amorama, the respective third- and fifth-place finishers in the Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap on June 5, were extended alternate invitations Tuesday to Saturdays $750,000 American Oaks (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Ask for the Moon, Lucifer's Stone, Sister Star and Super Bobbina have declined invitations to the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) July 3, Hollywood Park Racing secretary Martin Panza said Wednesday.
Dance in the Mood and Ask for the Moon, group I winners from Japan and France, respectively, head a list of 14 fillies invited to contest the third running of the $750,000 American Oaks at Hollywood Park (gr. IT) on July 3.
Connections of New Zealand's star 3-year-old filly Boulevardofdreams (Daggers Drawn -- Faustina, by Sackford) have confirmed she has been selected by the Hollywood Park Turf Club to run in the $750,000 American Oaks July 3.
Daggers Drawn, a low-cost commuter between Ballyhane and Curraghmore studs, landed his first group I success when Iflooxcouldkill survived two objections to retain the Ellerslie, New Zealand, Sires' Produce Stakes on Feb 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont