Headed by Japan's Dance in the Mood an international cast of fourteen 3-year-old fillies will contest Hollywood Park's third running of the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) at 1 1/4 miles on turf Saturday.
Sagitta Ra and Amorama, the respective third- and fifth-place finishers in the Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap on June 5, were extended alternate invitations Tuesday to Saturdays $750,000 American Oaks (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Ask for the Moon, Lucifer's Stone, Sister Star and Super Bobbina have declined invitations to the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) July 3, Hollywood Park Racing secretary Martin Panza said Wednesday.
Dance in the Mood and Ask for the Moon, group I winners from Japan and France, respectively, head a list of 14 fillies invited to contest the third running of the $750,000 American Oaks at Hollywood Park (gr. IT) on July 3.
Connections of New Zealand's star 3-year-old filly Boulevardofdreams (Daggers Drawn -- Faustina, by Sackford) have confirmed she has been selected by the Hollywood Park Turf Club to run in the $750,000 American Oaks July 3.
Daggers Drawn, a low-cost commuter between Ballyhane and Curraghmore studs, landed his first group I success when Iflooxcouldkill survived two objections to retain the Ellerslie, New Zealand, Sires' Produce Stakes on Feb 28.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- Shy Ruston is Calibrachoa's First Winner
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland