Former jockey Gary Boulanger saddled his first horse as a trainer at Calder Race Course April 26, a 6-year-old mare named Tinkerbuck that finished second in the 11th race.
Three separate events to benefit injured Florida jockey Gary Boulanger have been scheduled in Broward County during the coming weeks.
Eight days after suffering a spill at Gulfstream Park, jockey Gary Boulanger was upgraded to stable condition Feb. 7 at Memorial Regional Hospital in nearby Hollywood, according to his agent.
Jockey Gary Boulanger is still in critical condition at Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood after suffering a spill at Gulfstream Park, but is showing signs of improvement, said his agent Cory Moran.
With Dancethruthedawn's half-length Queen's Plate win, the trophy for the opening leg of the Canadian Triple Crown is becoming more like an heirloom. Following in the footsteps of both her Queen's Plate-winning mother and brother, Sam-Son Farms' homebred Dancethruthedawn stalked the early leaders and rallied on the second turn to win Sunday's Queen's Plate Stakes at Woodbine over favored Win City.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet