Frank Stronach likes to conduct a sale of 2-year-olds in training his way. And that strategy appears to be paying off for the racetrack mogul, who is one of North America's top breeders and owners.
Composure's victory in the Las Virgenes Stakes has put the daughter of Touch Gold on the Derby trail, along with the exciting newcomer Man Among Men, winner of the Sham Stakes.
Boston Park led from wire to wire and beat Grey Comet by a length in Saturday's 24th running of the $81,350 Whirlaway Stakes for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Grey Comet, Boston Park, Go Rockin' Robin, Mustang Jock and Torre and Zim have emerged as likely starters for Saturday's $75,000-added Whirlaway for 3-year-olds at a 1 1/16 miles at Aqueduct Racetrack in New York.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Posse, whose performances in stakes company in the spring stamped him as one of the best of this year's crop of 2-year-old Thoroughbreds, heads a strong and experienced field of juveniles in Sunday's 21st running of Sunday's $100,000-added Iroquois Stakes (Grade III) at Churchill Downs.
Tom R. Durant's Most Feared took the lead approaching the eighth pole and run a drew off for a three-length tally in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III)Saturday at Arlington Park.
Upcoming events on both sides of the Atlantic could have a significant impact on the field for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I).
Hoping to follow the success of the last two Kentucky Cup Juvenile (gr. III) winners, Point Given and Repent, eight 2-year-olds have been entered for the first two-turn graded event for juveniles of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- War Front's Mosler to Country Life Farm