Sam-Son Farm homebred Strike Softly capitalized on fast fractions to win Sunday's CAN$186,700 Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) by four lengths at Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm homebred Strike Softly, a three-time stakes winner in 2006, will make her 4-year-old debut in Sunday's $150,000 Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Harlequin Ranches' Gold Strike has been established as the 9-5 morning line favorite over nine Canadian-bred 3-year-old filly rivals for Sunday's $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks.
Jockey Javier Castellano will ride Ready and Alluring in Sunday's $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks, the premier event for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies at Woodbine. Ready and Alluring could face as many as 10 challengers in the 1 1/8-mile race.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned