Sam-Son Farm homebred Strike Softly capitalized on fast fractions to win Sunday's CAN$186,700 Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) by four lengths at Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm homebred Strike Softly, a three-time stakes winner in 2006, will make her 4-year-old debut in Sunday's $150,000 Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Harlequin Ranches' Gold Strike has been established as the 9-5 morning line favorite over nine Canadian-bred 3-year-old filly rivals for Sunday's $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks.
Jockey Javier Castellano will ride Ready and Alluring in Sunday's $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks, the premier event for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies at Woodbine. Ready and Alluring could face as many as 10 challengers in the 1 1/8-mile race.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth