Lorraine and Rod Rodriguez's Bossanova, winner of the Fall Weight Handicap (gr. III) in November, was euthanized Sunday after fracturing both sesamoid bones of his right foreleg during the stretch run of the $81,675 Hollie Hughes Handicap at Aqueduct.
Speedster Bossanova opened up a two-length advantage in the stretch and held on under Edgar Prado for a gate-to-wire victory in Thursday's $108,300 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Flatbird Stable's 6-year-old gelding Peeping Tom will tote highweight of 138 pounds and break from the rail in the $100,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Thanksgiving Day.
Dogwood Stable's Heckle broke alertly with jockey John Velazquez and sped home unchallenged in the stretch to post an easy victory in Saturday's $110,200 Tremont Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Belmont Park.
Posse, ridden by Corey Lanerie, wore down Bossanova in the final strides for a half-length victory in Saturday's $111,900 Matt Winn Stakes for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Posse and jockey Corey Lanerie tracked a fast pace and chased down Roll Hennessy Roll in the stretch on his way to a solid victory in Sunday's $107,900 Lafayette Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Keeneland.
A well-matched field of 3-year-old sprinters passed the entry box for Sunday's Lafayette Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland. The seven-furlong race carries a purse of $100,000 added. Heading the cast is Fabien Ouaki and Patrick Biancone's Whywhywhy.
Trainer Christopher Paasch is a new resident of Lexington, Ky.
Paasch and his partners have recently purchased a tract of the old 505 Farm and have renamed it Victory Haven Training Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move