Loving what you do for a living certainly improves your odds at succeeding. At least, that was the case for Tim Kegel, a Louisville-based bloodstock agent, who has certainly had his share of success.
Ten colts hope to make it to "first base" June 21 at Colonial Downs with the fourth running of the $600,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIIT). The 1 1/16-race is the first leg of the $5-million Jacobs Investments Grand Slam of Grass.
Zayat Stables' Halo Najib appears to be on the outside looking in as far as making the 2008 Kentucky Derby field. Barring a last-minute defection, he's more likely to make his turf debut in the $150,000 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs May 2, the day before the Derby.
Uptown Racing's Boss Lafitte used a rail-skimming trip under Robby Albarado and took over in upper stretch to win by a half-length in the $150,000 Central Bank Transylvania Stakes on a rainy opening day April 4 at Keeneland.
Prussian will face eight rivals April 4 when he makes his 2008 debut in the $150,000 Central Bank Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds, the opening day feature of the 16-day spring meet at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud