Queen'splatekitten is the 5-2 morning line favorite for what shapes up as a contentious renewal of the $100,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT), the one-mile Independence Day feature on the Monmouth Park turf.
Ghislaine Head's Right One, who last raced over Keeneland's Polytrack, returns to grass racing when he takes on seven rivals in the June 8 Jaipur Stakes (gr. IIIT) at seven furlongs at Belmont Park.
Turallure came from off the pace and ran down favored Get Stormy in the late stages to win the $202,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 26 at Saratoga.
Battle of Hastings ended a 10-race drought when he found clear sailing on the outside through the stretch to win the $111,200 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) over a firm Churchill Downs turf course Nov. 4.
An ultra-game Get Serious was at it again at Monmouth Park Sept. 5, holding off the charging Nownownow by a neck for a repeat win the $197,500 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf before a crowd of 16,017.
Graded stakes victors Get Serious and Nownownow headline a seasoned, seven-horse cast of stakes winners slated to go postward in the Sept. 5 Red Bank Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park.
Popular 7-year-old Kiss the Kid is back to defend his title as the slight favorite in the $100,000 Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf March 20.
Take the Points, narrow winner of the Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) on Arlington Million (gr. IT) day, heads the field for the $300,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IT), one of three grade I features on the Belmont Park program Oct. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Puca Works Four Furlongs in Oaks Prep
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund in the House
- Positive Forecast for Kentucky Derby, Oaks
- Jones Fillies Drill for Kentucky Oaks
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 26, 2015
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend