Hilary J. Boone Jr., a successful breeder/owner, died in his sleep at his Wimbledon Farm near Lexington.
Chelsey Flower, a grade I winner and a stakes producer, was euthanized March 14 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington after complications from foaling a Dixie Union colt.
Mt. Livermore, sire of nine millionaires and six champions, has been pensioned at Gainesway Farm near Lexington because of declining fertility.
Twining, who previously stood at Hilary Boone Jr.'s Wimbledon Farm near Lexington, will be returning to the Central Kentucky nursery in 2002. He stood the past two seasons at East Stud on the island of Hokkaido, Japan, and will remain the property of East Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs
- WVRC Seeks Bill to Allow Flexibility on Dates
- Xpressbet 'Big Bet' Offers Breeders' Cup Trip
- Stopshoppingdebbie to Start in LA Woman