Hilary J. Boone Jr., a successful breeder/owner, died in his sleep at his Wimbledon Farm near Lexington.
Chelsey Flower, a grade I winner and a stakes producer, was euthanized March 14 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington after complications from foaling a Dixie Union colt.
Mt. Livermore, sire of nine millionaires and six champions, has been pensioned at Gainesway Farm near Lexington because of declining fertility.
Twining, who previously stood at Hilary Boone Jr.'s Wimbledon Farm near Lexington, will be returning to the Central Kentucky nursery in 2002. He stood the past two seasons at East Stud on the island of Hokkaido, Japan, and will remain the property of East Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill