Hilary J. Boone Jr., a successful breeder/owner, died in his sleep at his Wimbledon Farm near Lexington.
Chelsey Flower, a grade I winner and a stakes producer, was euthanized March 14 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington after complications from foaling a Dixie Union colt.
Mt. Livermore, sire of nine millionaires and six champions, has been pensioned at Gainesway Farm near Lexington because of declining fertility.
Twining, who previously stood at Hilary Boone Jr.'s Wimbledon Farm near Lexington, will be returning to the Central Kentucky nursery in 2002. He stood the past two seasons at East Stud on the island of Hokkaido, Japan, and will remain the property of East Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas