Hilary J. Boone Jr., a successful breeder/owner, died in his sleep at his Wimbledon Farm near Lexington.
Chelsey Flower, a grade I winner and a stakes producer, was euthanized March 14 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington after complications from foaling a Dixie Union colt.
Mt. Livermore, sire of nine millionaires and six champions, has been pensioned at Gainesway Farm near Lexington because of declining fertility.
Twining, who previously stood at Hilary Boone Jr.'s Wimbledon Farm near Lexington, will be returning to the Central Kentucky nursery in 2002. He stood the past two seasons at East Stud on the island of Hokkaido, Japan, and will remain the property of East Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- Solow Aims to Keep Win Streak Alive in Sussex
- Darby Dan Promotes Hammond to Vice Chairman
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field