Hilary J. Boone Jr., a successful breeder/owner, died in his sleep at his Wimbledon Farm near Lexington.
Chelsey Flower, a grade I winner and a stakes producer, was euthanized March 14 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington after complications from foaling a Dixie Union colt.
Mt. Livermore, sire of nine millionaires and six champions, has been pensioned at Gainesway Farm near Lexington because of declining fertility.
Twining, who previously stood at Hilary Boone Jr.'s Wimbledon Farm near Lexington, will be returning to the Central Kentucky nursery in 2002. He stood the past two seasons at East Stud on the island of Hokkaido, Japan, and will remain the property of East Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- Sweet Loretta Aims for Grade I in Spinaway
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Next Step for Undefeated Three Rules
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Renowned Vet John Kenney Dies at 79
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record