Hilary J. Boone Jr., a successful breeder/owner, died in his sleep at his Wimbledon Farm near Lexington.
Chelsey Flower, a grade I winner and a stakes producer, was euthanized March 14 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington after complications from foaling a Dixie Union colt.
Mt. Livermore, sire of nine millionaires and six champions, has been pensioned at Gainesway Farm near Lexington because of declining fertility.
Twining, who previously stood at Hilary Boone Jr.'s Wimbledon Farm near Lexington, will be returning to the Central Kentucky nursery in 2002. He stood the past two seasons at East Stud on the island of Hokkaido, Japan, and will remain the property of East Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- A Case for Full Siblings
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win