Book 3 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale came to a close the evening of Oct. 17 in Newmarket, wrapping up an outstanding two weeks of trading at Park Paddocks.
A son of Exceed and Excel topped Book 3 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, bringing 52,000 guineas ($88,051 in U.S. funds).
The Book 3 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale posted gains of 1.2% in gross revenue, 28.9% in average price, and 57.1% for median price from a year ago.
Book 3 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale ended Oct. 16 in England with a downturn from 2008 of 13.2% in gross revenue. The average price dropped 20%, and the median price was down 16.4%. The buy-back rate fell from 34.5% last year to 28.6% this year.
Book 3 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale started Oct. 15 in England with declines from the previous year of 8.5% in gross revenue, 17.4% in average price, and 12.5% in median price. The buy-back rate fell from 31.9% in 2008 to 23% this year.
Book 3 of Tattersalls' October yearling sale finished in England Oct. 17 with a 10,389-guinea average price, down 33% from last year, and a 7,000-guinea median price, which represented a 36% decline. The 271 horses that sold (from 414 offered) grossed 2,815,300 guineas.
A 72,000-guinea Kheleyf colt was the top lot during the opening session of Book 3 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England Oct. 16. Susan Hearn's Mascalls Stud had bought the colt for 10,500 guineas at Tattersalls in February, and he was resold to Italian agent Marco Bozzi.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Firing Line Stretches Legs in Derby Breeze
- Keen Ice Warms Up for Derby With Workout
- KY Derby: Jerry Crawford on Keen Ice, Puca
- Birdatthewire Delivers Smooth Churchill Move
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Work
- Jazdzewski Landed Young Far Right for $2,500
- NTRA Has Net Gain for Third Consecutive Year
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star