Well-known national racing commentator and former jockey Donna Barton Brothers is the author of a new book, "Inside Track: Insider's Guide to Horse Racing."
Former Keeneland president Ted Bassett will sign his new autobiography at the track this weekend.
Laura Hillenbrand, who authored the widely acclaimed best-seller "Seabiscuit: An American Legend," has been named the 2001 winner of the Big Sport of Turfdom award, it was announced Wednesday by Bob Curran Jr., the president of the Turf Publicists of America.
Excerpt for week Nov. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance