Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will launch a special online eBay fundraiser called beginning Sept. 28.
Silver Charm, winner of the 1997 Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes (both gr. I), is returning to Kentucky to retire at Old Friends near Georgetown after serving stud duty in Japan since 2005.
On Memorial Day May 30, Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will have a commemorative service for the six retirees that passed away since last spring.
Bonnie's Poker, dam of Kentucky Derby and Preakness (both gr. I) winner and Hall of Fame member Silver Charm, was euthanized Aug. 5 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Facility near Georgetown, Ky.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement program based in Midway, Ky., announced the arrival of Bonnie's Poker and expects the arrival of Ruhlmann in the next few days, according to president Michael Blowen.
Bonnie's Poker, dam of champion and dual classic winner Silver Charm, has been pensioned after delivering a Fusaichi Pegasus colt April 13 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Capt. and Mrs. W.C. Jakeman's Bonnie's Poker, dam and champion and millionaire Silver Charm, produced a Dixieland Band colt March 23 at Darby Dan Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- La Cressonniere to Miss Arc After Setback