On Memorial Day May 30, Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will have a commemorative service for the six retirees that passed away since last spring.
Bonnie's Poker, dam of Kentucky Derby and Preakness (both gr. I) winner and Hall of Fame member Silver Charm, was euthanized Aug. 5 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Facility near Georgetown, Ky.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement program based in Midway, Ky., announced the arrival of Bonnie's Poker and expects the arrival of Ruhlmann in the next few days, according to president Michael Blowen.
Bonnie's Poker, dam of champion and dual classic winner Silver Charm, has been pensioned after delivering a Fusaichi Pegasus colt April 13 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Capt. and Mrs. W.C. Jakeman's Bonnie's Poker, dam and champion and millionaire Silver Charm, produced a Dixieland Band colt March 23 at Darby Dan Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat