Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will launch a special online eBay fundraiser called beginning Sept. 28.
Silver Charm, winner of the 1997 Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes (both gr. I), is returning to Kentucky to retire at Old Friends near Georgetown after serving stud duty in Japan since 2005.
On Memorial Day May 30, Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will have a commemorative service for the six retirees that passed away since last spring.
Bonnie's Poker, dam of Kentucky Derby and Preakness (both gr. I) winner and Hall of Fame member Silver Charm, was euthanized Aug. 5 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Facility near Georgetown, Ky.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement program based in Midway, Ky., announced the arrival of Bonnie's Poker and expects the arrival of Ruhlmann in the next few days, according to president Michael Blowen.
Bonnie's Poker, dam of champion and dual classic winner Silver Charm, has been pensioned after delivering a Fusaichi Pegasus colt April 13 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Capt. and Mrs. W.C. Jakeman's Bonnie's Poker, dam and champion and millionaire Silver Charm, produced a Dixieland Band colt March 23 at Darby Dan Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate