Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will launch a special online eBay fundraiser called beginning Sept. 28.
Silver Charm, winner of the 1997 Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes (both gr. I), is returning to Kentucky to retire at Old Friends near Georgetown after serving stud duty in Japan since 2005.
On Memorial Day May 30, Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will have a commemorative service for the six retirees that passed away since last spring.
Bonnie's Poker, dam of Kentucky Derby and Preakness (both gr. I) winner and Hall of Fame member Silver Charm, was euthanized Aug. 5 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Facility near Georgetown, Ky.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement program based in Midway, Ky., announced the arrival of Bonnie's Poker and expects the arrival of Ruhlmann in the next few days, according to president Michael Blowen.
Bonnie's Poker, dam of champion and dual classic winner Silver Charm, has been pensioned after delivering a Fusaichi Pegasus colt April 13 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Capt. and Mrs. W.C. Jakeman's Bonnie's Poker, dam and champion and millionaire Silver Charm, produced a Dixieland Band colt March 23 at Darby Dan Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator