Jockey Bonnie Castaneda has shown modest improvements since her Jan. 4 surgery to repair two broken vertebrae in her back.
Jockey Bonnie Castaneda remained in the intensive care unit at University of Cincinnati Hospital Jan. 3 and is scheduled to undergo surgery Jan. 4 for two broken vertebrae in her back.
Jessica Oldham Stith, the first graduate of Chris McCarron's North American Racing Academy, failed to emulate her parents but got a lot of experience in her first ride as a jockey June 17 at River Downs in Ohio.
Most Popular Stories
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- How a Sire Line Develops
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Eutrophia to Reduce Thoroughbred Holdings
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Thistledown to Lower Pick 5, Pick 4 Takeout