Deputed Testamony, the last Maryland-bred to win the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), died Sept. 18 and was buried at the Boniface family's Bonita Farm in Darlington, Md.
Graded stakes winner Gators N Bears came through with his first winner when Ally Bear won May 21 at Penn National.
Grade II stakes-placed Mojave Moon was represented by his first winner when his son Mieszko won July 10 at Delaware Park.
Deputed Testamony, the oldest living winner of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), has been pensioned from stallion duty at the Boniface family's Bonita Farm near Darlington, Md.
William K. Boniface has been elected president of the Maryland Horse Breeders Association. He succeeds Dr. Thomas Bowman, who led the organization for the past two years.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Go for Gin will head to the Boniface family's Bonita Farm near Darlington, Md., following the completion of the breeding season.
Francis P. Sears Jr., who won the 1983 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) with Deputed Testamony, died Feb. 4 at his home in Hamilton, Mass.
The show opens with a drumbeat, a horse running, and the words: "In the world of the thoroughbred, one thing you can count on is the unexpected." The show is "Thoroughbred," a 13-part series about life at Bonita Farm, the Boniface family's pride and joy in Maryland -- home to Deputed Testamony, winner of the 1983 Preakness. The first 30-minute episode begins at 8 p.m. (ET) Tuesday (April 3) on the cable channel Animal Planet. Subsequent episodes will be televised Tuesdays at that hour through June 19 (and also at 7 p.m. Saturdays).
Bits and pieces from around the industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas