Prominent French stallion Kendor died June 6 at Haras de la Reboursiere et du Montaigu in France after severe hemorrhaging.
Michael House's Nazirali, last with a half-mile to run, stormed through the stretch to win the $200,00 San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Saturday. Under Brice Blanc, the lightly raced 5-year-old gelding completed the 1 1/2 miles in 2:26.09 on firm turf.
Seven turf runners will get a chance to stretch their legs in the 1 1/2 mile $200,000 San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Santa Anita. Not surprisingly, trainer Bobby Frankel has the highweight and likely favorite, Denon.
You can go home again. Sometimes, it's exactly what you need to perk up. That's all it took for Super Quercus and Men's Exclusive, a pair of Hollywood homeboys who cleaned house over the weekend of Dec. 1-2.
Blazing Fury, who arrived from New York late Wednesday afternoon for Saturday's $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup, jogged on the training track during a rainy Thursday morning. Assistant Danny Dubuc is overseeing final preparations for the 3-year-old gelding until trainer Jim Toner arrives Friday night.
Erdenheim Farm's Dr. Kashnikow earned his first stakes win Saturday's at Saratoga, taking the $200,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) by three-quarters of a length.
Ecurie Fabian Ouaki's Bonapartiste hopes that a change of scenery will do him some good. The 7-year-old Kendor horse breezed five furlongs in 1:00 2/5 on the fast main track in preparation for Saturday's $200,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet