Barry Schwartz's homebred The Lumber Guy rallies from just off the pace to win the six-furlong Vosburgh Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 29 at Belmont in his first start since mid-May.
The Lumber Guy enjoyed the cutback to a mile in the $200,000 Jerome (gr. II), as he fended off pressure all the way around the track to score by 2 3/4 lengths April 21 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
The Lumber Guy made his 2-5 odds look good when overcame a bobble at the start to post a 4 1/4-length victory in the $76,500 Miracle Wood Stakes at Laurel Park Feb. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11