Barry Schwartz's homebred The Lumber Guy rallies from just off the pace to win the six-furlong Vosburgh Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 29 at Belmont in his first start since mid-May.
The Lumber Guy enjoyed the cutback to a mile in the $200,000 Jerome (gr. II), as he fended off pressure all the way around the track to score by 2 3/4 lengths April 21 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
The Lumber Guy made his 2-5 odds look good when overcame a bobble at the start to post a 4 1/4-length victory in the $76,500 Miracle Wood Stakes at Laurel Park Feb. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot