Barry Schwartz's homebred The Lumber Guy rallies from just off the pace to win the six-furlong Vosburgh Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 29 at Belmont in his first start since mid-May.
The Lumber Guy enjoyed the cutback to a mile in the $200,000 Jerome (gr. II), as he fended off pressure all the way around the track to score by 2 3/4 lengths April 21 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
The Lumber Guy made his 2-5 odds look good when overcame a bobble at the start to post a 4 1/4-length victory in the $76,500 Miracle Wood Stakes at Laurel Park Feb. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Kobe's Back Finds Just Enough in Palos Verdes
- Medaglia d'Oro Season Added to F-T Sale
- Nyquist Speedy in Final Work for San Vicente
- Trainer Bill McLean Scores 1,000th Victory
- Songbird Untouchable in Las Virgenes
- Mshawish Dazzles in Donn Handicap
- Stormdriver Upstages Favorites in Louisiana
- F-T Offers Final Mixed Sale of the Year
- Hoppertunity Edges Imperative in San Antonio
- Mor Spirit Secures Robert B. Lewis Score