Having passed his first stakes test of 2014 with flying colors, juvenile champion Shared Belief is ready for his next challenge against older horses in the $1 million Pacific Classic, trainer Jerry Hollendorfer said July 6.
Los Alamitos Race Course produced a major drawing card for the first graded stakes of its new meet when 2013 juvenile champion Shared Belief was entered for the $500,000 Los Alamitos Derby (gr. II) to be run July 5.
The eight-day Summer Thoroughbred Festival at Los Alamitos starts Thursday, July 3, marking the first meet for Thoroughbreds at the California track since the final Orange County Fair in 1991.
Los Alamitos Racing Association, in partnership with the California-based insurance brokerage firm Bolton & Company, will offer a $1 million bonus tied to the new $500,000 Los Alamitos Derby (gr. II) July 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes