Having passed his first stakes test of 2014 with flying colors, juvenile champion Shared Belief is ready for his next challenge against older horses in the $1 million Pacific Classic, trainer Jerry Hollendorfer said July 6.
Los Alamitos Race Course produced a major drawing card for the first graded stakes of its new meet when 2013 juvenile champion Shared Belief was entered for the $500,000 Los Alamitos Derby (gr. II) to be run July 5.
The eight-day Summer Thoroughbred Festival at Los Alamitos starts Thursday, July 3, marking the first meet for Thoroughbreds at the California track since the final Orange County Fair in 1991.
Los Alamitos Racing Association, in partnership with the California-based insurance brokerage firm Bolton & Company, will offer a $1 million bonus tied to the new $500,000 Los Alamitos Derby (gr. II) July 5.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective