Favored Friesan Fire scored his first victory since romping in last spring's Louisiana Derby (gr. II) when he led all the way to take the $72,750 Louisiana Handicap at Fair Grounds by 1 3/4 lengths Jan. 23.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
In the case of Friesan Fire, understanding was a little slow in coming, but Larry Jones' patience seems to be paying off. On pedigree, Jones had every reason to be confident that Friesan Fire would eventually come around.
Tom Simon was present to see the southern chapter of his Vinery operation record its first group I success when the aptly named Bollinger led almost wire-to-wire to secure a clear-cut victory in the Coolmore Stakes (Aust-I).
Most Popular Stories
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack