Champion Leroidesanimaux was represented by his first winner when his son Marfach won July 6 at seven furlongs at Roscommon in Ireland.
New Approach, this year's Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and last year's Cartier Award winning 2-year-old male, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Sheikh Mohammed's Dalham Hall Stud near Newmarket, England.
Lush Lashes won the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot on June 20, sprinting away in the final furlong to win by 3 1/4 lengths over Infallible.
Finsceal Beo, romping winner of the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket one week ago, came within a whisker of adding the French equivalent to her legend when she was defeated by a head by Darjina in the final strides Sunday at Longchamp.
Finsceal Beo won the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Sunday, beating Arch Swing by 2 1/2 lengths.
Alexander Goldrun secured her fourth group I win in as many different countries at Goodwood with a dazzlingly smooth victory in the Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) Saturday.
Galileo, an English and Irish champion, was represented by his first winner when son Heliostatic won July 17 at the Curragh.
Back on top of her game, favored Alexander Goldrun rallied from last to first down the center of the straight to capture the Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh Saturday.
Alexander Goldrun headed Grey Lilas one hundred yards from the wire and edged away for a one-length victory in the Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I) for fillies and mares at Longchamp Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner