On the heels of the Maryland Racing Commission suspending trainer Hector Garcia, the Maryland Jockey Club has decided to ban Garcia and his sometimes-boss Juan C. Vazquez from its racetracks.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors has recommended withdrawal guidelines and plasma thresholds for a bronchodilator, a muscle relaxant, and four anabolic steroids.
Regulation of anabolic steroids will be in effect Jan. 1, 2009, in Ohio.
The Association of Racing Commissioners International's board of directors has unanimously approved a drug reclassification of stanozolol, boldenone, nandrolone, and testosterone, moving the anabolic steroids to Class 3 from Class 4.
Stronger penalties in California for the four most commonly used anabolic steroids in horse racing will be enforced starting Sept. 4 after the state's Office of Administrative Law gave its final approval to the regulatory amendment reclassifying the drugs.
If your horse is being treated with anabolic steroids and you plan to race in California, the time to stop administering them is now. That's the word from Richard Shapiro, chairman of the California Horse Racing Board, and Dr. Rick Arthur, the agency's equine medical director.
The California Horse Racing Board took a major step towards banning supplemental anabolic steroids with the adoption of testing levels for four major substances during its meeting Feb. 28 in Arcadia.
- By Jack Shinar
The California Horse Racing Board is planning for the first anabolic steroid-free Breeders' Cup World Championships in 2008 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Stryker Phd Star of Washington Cup Day
- Made You Look Headlines With Anticipation
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Too Much Bling Yearlings Top Texas Sale