Stephen Chesney and Cory Hoffman's Calgary Cat, a former claimer, exited allowance company in a big way with a strong victory in the $144,692 Bold Venture Stakes (Can-III) on Polytrack at Woodbine Sept. 13.
It's anybody's race as 11 sprinters line up for 6 1/2-furlong Polytrack test at Woodbine.
Essence Hit Man had to survive a claim of foul after holding off 28-1 shot Dimension in deep stretch by a neck to score a repeat victory in the $162,002 Bold Venture Stakes (Can-III) July 17 at Woodbine.
Two-time Canadian sprint champion Essence Hit Man looks to get back to his winning form when he faces five opponents in the $150,000 Bold Venture Stakes (Can-III) July 17 at Woodbine.
Essence Hit Man showed what champions are made of when he staved off the equally determined challenger Eternal Rule through the long Woodbine homestretch to win the $172,801 Bold Venture Stakes (Can-III) July 18.
Essence Hit Man, last year's Canadian champion sprinter, should get a stern test from undefeated Eternal Rule in the $150,000 Bold Venture Stakes (Can-III) on the night of July 18 at Woodbine.
There will be 42 graded races in Canada in 2012, up from 37 last year, The Jockey Club of Canada's Graded Stakes Committee announced Jan. 25 following its annual review.
Bear Stables and trainer Reade Baker completed a sweep of Woodbine's stakes races July 20 when Fatal Bullet captured the $150,836 Bold Venture in track-record time over the Polytrack racing surface.
After stalking the pace throughout most of the 6 ½-furlong $141,250 Bold Venture Stakes at Woodbine on Sunday, I'm the Tiger, piloted by Todd Kabel, pounced on his rivals.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- New Zealand Yearling Sale Continues Strong
- TOBA January Member of the Month
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Ladies 'Cap: Belle Gallantey Seeks Turnaround