Todd Pletcher closer will have to catch the swift Strapping Groom in seven-panel test Oct. 26 at Belmont Park.
A return to a fast track at Aqueduct worked to the benefit of Calibrachoa, who pressed the issue for jockey Jose Lezcano and then drew off in the final furlong to easily win the $100,000 Bold Ruler Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 6.
The rescheduled $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) will once again be headed by stablemates Caixa Eletronica and Calibrachoa Nov. 6 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Belmont Park's May 11 program will be highlighted by the Nassau County Breeders' Cup, a grade II event at seven furlongs, and the Bold Ruler Stakes, a grade III event at six furlongs.
Belmont Park's Saturday card will be highlighted by the Nassau County Breeders' Cup (gr. II) at seven furlongs and the Bold Ruler Stakes (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'