Todd Pletcher closer will have to catch the swift Strapping Groom in seven-panel test Oct. 26 at Belmont Park.
A return to a fast track at Aqueduct worked to the benefit of Calibrachoa, who pressed the issue for jockey Jose Lezcano and then drew off in the final furlong to easily win the $100,000 Bold Ruler Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 6.
The rescheduled $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) will once again be headed by stablemates Caixa Eletronica and Calibrachoa Nov. 6 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Belmont Park's May 11 program will be highlighted by the Nassau County Breeders' Cup, a grade II event at seven furlongs, and the Bold Ruler Stakes, a grade III event at six furlongs.
Belmont Park's Saturday card will be highlighted by the Nassau County Breeders' Cup (gr. II) at seven furlongs and the Bold Ruler Stakes (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill