Bold Executive, Canada's leading sire, has been named top stallion awards earner under the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (Ontario Division) Stallion Awards Program, with his eligible progeny achieving the highest earnings of all OSS registered stallions in 2008.
The Ontario division of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society honored the Ontario-bred champions of 2007 at its annual awards dinner held at Glencairn Golf Club in Milton, Ontario June 13.
Terra Racing Stable's Marco Be Good, the second-longest shot on the board at 12-1, won the $200,000 Scotts Highlander Stakes (Can-III) on the turf Sunday at Woodbine in near-record style.
A Bold n' Flashy filly and a Perigee Moon colt shared top-priced honors Monday during the select portion of the Canadian-bred yearling sale at Woodbine, each bringing $190,000 (approximately $159,853 in U.S. funds).
Shoestring Stable's Dressed For Action, who had managed only two second-place finishes in her four career stakes starts, put it all together Sunday afternoon at Woodbine, gamely capturing the $166,500 Ontario Damsel Stakes.
Trainer Robert King Jr. wouldn't mind it a bit if he were to have another 'Devastating' year at Woodbine. In fact, he'd more than welcome it.
Harlequin Ranches' Miss Crissy, with jockey Steven Bahen aboard, made a late rail-skimming run to capture Sunday's $163,500 Fanfreluche Stakes at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel