The Southern California shipper Leave Me Alone was in a class by herself in Saturday's Test (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies at seven furlongs, romping to a front-running victory by 7 3/4 lengths over a quality group of opponents.
S. M. Mitchell Ranch's Leave Me Alone outgamed Hide and Chic in a stirring stretch drive to win Sunday's $300,000 $248,250 Azalea Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Calder Racecourse.
Disturbingthepeace, one of the leading sprinters in California at this time a year ago, flashed some of his former brilliance with a front-running victory in the $150,000 Pat O'Brien Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar Sunday.
Amber Hills was headed at the eighth pole but battled back to win the $82,650 California Oaks by a neck over Mavoreen at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Trainer John Sadler isn't as concerned about Hadl's jump from a claiming race into Sunday's $100,000 Irish O'Brien Stakes at Santa Anita as he is about the racing staying on the grass.
Disturbingthepeace breezed five furlongs on Santa Anita's fast main track Wednesday morning under jockey Victor Espinoza in 1:01 in preparation for the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Arlington Park on Oct. 26.
Stoney, winning his fourth straight race since being claimed for a bargain $20,000, scored a 1 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 California Sprint Championship at Bay Meadows Saturday.
California-bred Disturbingthepeace made some more noise in the sprint division, winning Saturday's $200,000 Bing Crosby Breeders' Cup Handicap (g. II) at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby