King T. Leatherbury's homebred Ben's Cat was named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year for an unprecedented third time in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
Nicole H will try to secure her fourth straight stakes victory in five starts and ninth of her career when she returns to Laurel Park for the $250,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) Feb. 16.
Onepointhreekarats made her stakes debut successfully for trainer Graham Motion when she drew off mid-stretch to win the $104,250 Thirty Eight Go Go Stakes Dec. 22 comfortably at Laurel Park.
Bold Affair aims for her third consecutive stakes victory at Laurel Park when she heads the field for the $125,000 Thirty Eight Go Go Dec. 22.
Gleaming earned her third stakes victory of the year when she posted an upset over odds-on favorite Bold Affair in the $145,500 Sweet and Sassy Stakes at Delaware Park June 23.
Undefeated Agave Kiss stretched her streak to six when she romped to victory in the $100,000 Miss Preakness Stakes on the Black-Eyed Susan program at Pimlico Race Course May 18.
King T. Leatherbury's homebred gelding Ben's Cat swept three divisional categories: older male, turf runner, and sprinter, and was named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year of 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm