King T. Leatherbury's homebred Ben's Cat was named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year for an unprecedented third time in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
Nicole H will try to secure her fourth straight stakes victory in five starts and ninth of her career when she returns to Laurel Park for the $250,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) Feb. 16.
Onepointhreekarats made her stakes debut successfully for trainer Graham Motion when she drew off mid-stretch to win the $104,250 Thirty Eight Go Go Stakes Dec. 22 comfortably at Laurel Park.
Bold Affair aims for her third consecutive stakes victory at Laurel Park when she heads the field for the $125,000 Thirty Eight Go Go Dec. 22.
Gleaming earned her third stakes victory of the year when she posted an upset over odds-on favorite Bold Affair in the $145,500 Sweet and Sassy Stakes at Delaware Park June 23.
Undefeated Agave Kiss stretched her streak to six when she romped to victory in the $100,000 Miss Preakness Stakes on the Black-Eyed Susan program at Pimlico Race Course May 18.
King T. Leatherbury's homebred gelding Ben's Cat swept three divisional categories: older male, turf runner, and sprinter, and was named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year of 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD