Olympian Bode Miller bought the stallion prospect at Keeneland
Back against state-breds after finishing unplaced in graded company in New York, Ravenheart proved best in knuckling down late for a narrow win in the $100,000 Maryland Juvenile Futurity Dec. 26 at Laurel Park.
Gold medal winner Bode Miller has a new base for his horse racing aspirations as the celebrated alpine skier tries to bring some of the modern training techniques that helped him to the top of his sport to the Sport of Kings.
A companion to the article in the March 8, 2015 issue of Blood-Horse, 'Big Sports: World-Class Athletes Drawn to Horse Ownership'. View Slideshow
Bode Miller, Michael Phelps, Rashard Lewis, Wes Welker, Michael Owen & More
Five-time Olympic skiing champion Bode Miller plans to follow his friend, Hall of Fame member Bob Baffert, into the training ranks when he retires.
Favored Carving, co-owned by Olympic gold medalist skier Bode Miller, made it back-to-back wins for Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert in the $100,000 Real Quiet Stakes at Betfair Hollywood Park Nov. 10.
Reddam Racing's Know More is the sole graded stakes winner in the FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-olds at Santa Anita Park Sept. 29.
Trainer Bob Baffert has been fined $500 by the Churchill Downs stewards for two separate altercations with security personnel on Kentucky Derby Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm