Olympian Bode Miller bought the stallion prospect at Keeneland
Back against state-breds after finishing unplaced in graded company in New York, Ravenheart proved best in knuckling down late for a narrow win in the $100,000 Maryland Juvenile Futurity Dec. 26 at Laurel Park.
Gold medal winner Bode Miller has a new base for his horse racing aspirations as the celebrated alpine skier tries to bring some of the modern training techniques that helped him to the top of his sport to the Sport of Kings.
A companion to the article in the March 8, 2015 issue of Blood-Horse, 'Big Sports: World-Class Athletes Drawn to Horse Ownership'. View Slideshow
Bode Miller, Michael Phelps, Rashard Lewis, Wes Welker, Michael Owen & More
Five-time Olympic skiing champion Bode Miller plans to follow his friend, Hall of Fame member Bob Baffert, into the training ranks when he retires.
Favored Carving, co-owned by Olympic gold medalist skier Bode Miller, made it back-to-back wins for Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert in the $100,000 Real Quiet Stakes at Betfair Hollywood Park Nov. 10.
Reddam Racing's Know More is the sole graded stakes winner in the FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-olds at Santa Anita Park Sept. 29.
Trainer Bob Baffert has been fined $500 by the Churchill Downs stewards for two separate altercations with security personnel on Kentucky Derby Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts