Fox Hill Farm's Rockport Harbor arrived at Keeneland Sunday night to begin preparations for his next scheduled start in Saturday's $325,000 Coolmore Lexington (gr. II), the final prep for the May 7 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
With Willie Martinez up and trainer John Servis looking on from the frontside press box, Rockport Harbor went to the Oaklawn Park racetrack at 7:00 Friday morning for a mile work.
Fox Hill Farm's undefeated Rockport Harbor, who suffered a foot bruise on Feb. 20, has shown dramatic improvement and is already back jogging, the colt's owner, Rick Porter, said Tuesday.
The full moon had all but faded from the morning sky, and a salmon pink sunrise was now illuminating the tan sheet-metal barns on the Philadelphia Park backstretch. Inside Barn 11, peering out of his once-familiar stall 38, was Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Smarty Jones.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Equine Attorneys Group Elects Philpott
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch