My Sweet Heart, a 3-year-old half-sister to 2002 Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner War Emblem, won the first start of her career Friday at Arlington Park when she captured the final event on the twilight racing program by a half-length.
For Bobby Springer, Tuesday was just another cold, windy fall morning at Arlington Park, as he returned from the track on his pony, bundled up in his heavy down jacket. But that will soon change. On Wednesday, his old friend, War Emblem, is expected take up residence two barns away from his home of a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider