J C's Pride set a new track record at Saratoga when he raced five furlongs in :56.54, shaving .17 seconds off the old mark.
Elliot Mavorah's Interpatation pulled a shocker in the $600,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT) and did it in sensational fashion. The 7-year-old gelding was passed by Gio Ponti with a furlong remaining, then re-rallied on the heavy favorite to score a 43-1 upset Oct. 3 at Belmont Park.
Georgica Stable's Buy The Sport was scratched from Saturday's featured race, the $150,000-added Bed o'Roses Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for fillies and mares at a mile at Aqueduct.
Trainer Bobby Barbara's summer in Saratoga Springs was almost perfect. "I was happy with our record," he said. "We won six races, but I'd give a few of them back to get her up. I really wanted to win that race."
Blinkers have done the trick for Lizzy Cool, upset winner of Sunday's $80,425 Ruthless Stakes at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Genetics Behind Horses' Face and Leg Markings Studied
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Engaging On-Track Fans With Social Games
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run