On Thursday, July 24, the second day of the meet, all fans (with paid admission), will take home an Edgar Prado bobblehead doll in honor of Saratoga's leading jockey from 2002.
After a one-week delay due to California's closed ports, Bay Meadows will be the first to venture into horse bobblehead giveaways. The San Mateo, Calif., track will hand out 8,500 Seabiscuit bobbleheads on Oct. 19, the first of these popular nodding statuettes to honor a horse instead of a human.
Finally, bobblehead-doll mania reaches to equines. A likeness of the great Secretariat is now available in bobblehead form to commemorate next year's 30th anniversary of Big Red's sweep through the Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off