On Thursday, July 24, the second day of the meet, all fans (with paid admission), will take home an Edgar Prado bobblehead doll in honor of Saratoga's leading jockey from 2002.
After a one-week delay due to California's closed ports, Bay Meadows will be the first to venture into horse bobblehead giveaways. The San Mateo, Calif., track will hand out 8,500 Seabiscuit bobbleheads on Oct. 19, the first of these popular nodding statuettes to honor a horse instead of a human.
Finally, bobblehead-doll mania reaches to equines. A likeness of the great Secretariat is now available in bobblehead form to commemorate next year's 30th anniversary of Big Red's sweep through the Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism