A colt from the first crop of grade I winner Paynter sold for $520,000 at the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 16, becoming the fourth session's highest-priced horse a bit more than a quarter of the way into the session.
Razor sharp Starship Truffles seized the lead rounding the turn and drew off impressively in the stretch to post an 8-1 upset in the $350,000 Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. I) July 6 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
A trio of stakes winners highlight the field for Saturday's $100,000 Herecomesthebride Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park. The Herecomesthebride, which is the eighth event on the 11-race card, drew 14 but the 1 1/8-mile race will be limited to a dozen starters.
Sanford Goldfarb's New York-bred filly Bobbie Use won the $100,000 Tropical Park Oaks at Calder Race Course on Thursday, defeating Cold Wynnter by a neck. Last Waltz was a length and a half back in third.
C.K. Woods Stable's homebred Timo invades Calder from New Orleans for the second time at the meet as the horse to beat in a full field of young prospects on their third birthday in the $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. III) Thursday.
Please Take Me Out set the pace and held off Bobbie Use in the final strides to win the $84,400 Miss Grillo Stakes on closing day Sunday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage