The Ohio State Racing Commission will consider a request from River Downs to move its 2013 meet to Beulah Park, agency chairman Robert Schmitz said Feb. 6.
Penn National Gaming Inc., which owns two racetracks in Ohio, said it will run full live racing schedules at both tracks for the rest of this year and possibly next year depending on resolution of a legal challenge.
Oral arguments on a lawsuit filed to stop the installation of video lottery terminals at Ohio racetracks has been postponed to give interested parties a chance to intervene.
With Republican Gov. John Kasich preparing to sign legislation authorizing racetrack video lottery terminals and horse industry representatives already discussing strategy, a public policy group is ready to fight the plan.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage