The Ohio State Racing Commission will consider a request from River Downs to move its 2013 meet to Beulah Park, agency chairman Robert Schmitz said Feb. 6.
Penn National Gaming Inc., which owns two racetracks in Ohio, said it will run full live racing schedules at both tracks for the rest of this year and possibly next year depending on resolution of a legal challenge.
Oral arguments on a lawsuit filed to stop the installation of video lottery terminals at Ohio racetracks has been postponed to give interested parties a chance to intervene.
With Republican Gov. John Kasich preparing to sign legislation authorizing racetrack video lottery terminals and horse industry representatives already discussing strategy, a public policy group is ready to fight the plan.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Beholder All Class in Easy Hirsch Score
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- Madefromlucky Gets Job Done in WV Derby
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
- Red Rifle Blasts Through in Bowling Green
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool