The Ohio State Racing Commission will consider a request from River Downs to move its 2013 meet to Beulah Park, agency chairman Robert Schmitz said Feb. 6.
Penn National Gaming Inc., which owns two racetracks in Ohio, said it will run full live racing schedules at both tracks for the rest of this year and possibly next year depending on resolution of a legal challenge.
Oral arguments on a lawsuit filed to stop the installation of video lottery terminals at Ohio racetracks has been postponed to give interested parties a chance to intervene.
With Republican Gov. John Kasich preparing to sign legislation authorizing racetrack video lottery terminals and horse industry representatives already discussing strategy, a public policy group is ready to fight the plan.
Most Popular Stories
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- 'Free Fridays' at National Museum of Racing
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog