The Ohio State Racing Commission will consider a request from River Downs to move its 2013 meet to Beulah Park, agency chairman Robert Schmitz said Feb. 6.
Penn National Gaming Inc., which owns two racetracks in Ohio, said it will run full live racing schedules at both tracks for the rest of this year and possibly next year depending on resolution of a legal challenge.
Oral arguments on a lawsuit filed to stop the installation of video lottery terminals at Ohio racetracks has been postponed to give interested parties a chance to intervene.
With Republican Gov. John Kasich preparing to sign legislation authorizing racetrack video lottery terminals and horse industry representatives already discussing strategy, a public policy group is ready to fight the plan.
Most Popular Stories
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks