The Ohio State Racing Commission will consider a request from River Downs to move its 2013 meet to Beulah Park, agency chairman Robert Schmitz said Feb. 6.
Penn National Gaming Inc., which owns two racetracks in Ohio, said it will run full live racing schedules at both tracks for the rest of this year and possibly next year depending on resolution of a legal challenge.
Oral arguments on a lawsuit filed to stop the installation of video lottery terminals at Ohio racetracks has been postponed to give interested parties a chance to intervene.
With Republican Gov. John Kasich preparing to sign legislation authorizing racetrack video lottery terminals and horse industry representatives already discussing strategy, a public policy group is ready to fight the plan.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- The Big Beast Sharp in Winning Return
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan