The Ohio State Racing Commission will consider a request from River Downs to move its 2013 meet to Beulah Park, agency chairman Robert Schmitz said Feb. 6.
Penn National Gaming Inc., which owns two racetracks in Ohio, said it will run full live racing schedules at both tracks for the rest of this year and possibly next year depending on resolution of a legal challenge.
Oral arguments on a lawsuit filed to stop the installation of video lottery terminals at Ohio racetracks has been postponed to give interested parties a chance to intervene.
With Republican Gov. John Kasich preparing to sign legislation authorizing racetrack video lottery terminals and horse industry representatives already discussing strategy, a public policy group is ready to fight the plan.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct