The Ohio Senate Ways and Means Committee will begin hearings next week on legalizing video slot machines at Ohio racetracks.
Facing a state Supreme Court deadline of June 15 to deal with public school funding problems, Republican members of the Ohio House of Representatives apparently are behind a plan to install video lottery machines at racetracks to raise between $230 million to $930 million in revenue over the next two years.
Most Popular Stories
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired