The Ohio Senate Ways and Means Committee will begin hearings next week on legalizing video slot machines at Ohio racetracks.
- By Ray Paulick
Facing a state Supreme Court deadline of June 15 to deal with public school funding problems, Republican members of the Ohio House of Representatives apparently are behind a plan to install video lottery machines at racetracks to raise between $230 million to $930 million in revenue over the next two years.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup