The Ohio Senate Ways and Means Committee will begin hearings next week on legalizing video slot machines at Ohio racetracks.
- By Ray Paulick
Facing a state Supreme Court deadline of June 15 to deal with public school funding problems, Republican members of the Ohio House of Representatives apparently are behind a plan to install video lottery machines at racetracks to raise between $230 million to $930 million in revenue over the next two years.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes
- Pletcher Contenders Breeze for Pegasus
- First Foal for Silver Max a Filly