The Ohio Senate Ways and Means Committee will begin hearings next week on legalizing video slot machines at Ohio racetracks.
Facing a state Supreme Court deadline of June 15 to deal with public school funding problems, Republican members of the Ohio House of Representatives apparently are behind a plan to install video lottery machines at racetracks to raise between $230 million to $930 million in revenue over the next two years.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Kid Cruz Returning to MD for Pimlico Special
- Ellis Park, RaceTech Extend Contract