The Ohio Senate Ways and Means Committee will begin hearings next week on legalizing video slot machines at Ohio racetracks.
Facing a state Supreme Court deadline of June 15 to deal with public school funding problems, Republican members of the Ohio House of Representatives apparently are behind a plan to install video lottery machines at racetracks to raise between $230 million to $930 million in revenue over the next two years.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby