The Ohio Senate Ways and Means Committee will begin hearings next week on legalizing video slot machines at Ohio racetracks.
- By Ray Paulick
Facing a state Supreme Court deadline of June 15 to deal with public school funding problems, Republican members of the Ohio House of Representatives apparently are behind a plan to install video lottery machines at racetracks to raise between $230 million to $930 million in revenue over the next two years.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap