The Ohio Senate Ways and Means Committee will begin hearings next week on legalizing video slot machines at Ohio racetracks.
Facing a state Supreme Court deadline of June 15 to deal with public school funding problems, Republican members of the Ohio House of Representatives apparently are behind a plan to install video lottery machines at racetracks to raise between $230 million to $930 million in revenue over the next two years.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Broberg, Hernandez Rule at Evangeline Meet
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms