Bob Summers, a veteran turf writer and handicapper for the Buffalo (New York) News, died Sept. 4 at age 66.
By Bob Summers - I've been playing horse races for 47 years and have not regretted a minute. But I've just passed another birthday and feel it's time to get one little confession off my chest.
By Bob Summers -- The racing industry might learn something from what I overheard recently at an off-track betting parlor in Niagara Falls, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming