Bob Manfuso, breeder of Maryland-bred Cathryn Sophia, believes the filly can move forward off her scintillating score in the Jan. 30 Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II).
The New York-breeding program had two runners in last year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). This year it appears three Empire state-breds will go: International Star, Upstart, and Tencendur.
The annual November breeding stock sale is a showcase of first-crop weanling sires. Below is a random sampling of comments about the new sires and their weanlings.
If two words could sum up the thoughts of the consignors and sale company officials on the eve of the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern Fall yearling sale, those words could be 'cautiously optimistic.' The sale kicks off its three-day run Sept. 29 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., with sessions beginning at 10 a.m.
Horses can now be nominated to the Breeders' Cup program at any time during their racing career, following new rules approved by the Breeders' Cup board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death