Bob Manfuso, breeder of Maryland-bred Cathryn Sophia, believes the filly can move forward off her scintillating score in the Jan. 30 Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II).
The New York-breeding program had two runners in last year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). This year it appears three Empire state-breds will go: International Star, Upstart, and Tencendur.
The annual November breeding stock sale is a showcase of first-crop weanling sires. Below is a random sampling of comments about the new sires and their weanlings.
If two words could sum up the thoughts of the consignors and sale company officials on the eve of the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern Fall yearling sale, those words could be 'cautiously optimistic.' The sale kicks off its three-day run Sept. 29 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., with sessions beginning at 10 a.m.
Horses can now be nominated to the Breeders' Cup program at any time during their racing career, following new rules approved by the Breeders' Cup board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag